Sunday 7 June 2015

REVIEW:Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer for Dry Skin

I remember I was having dinner with my mam whilst in Dublin and we were talking about make up when the bar man came over to us. He overheard our discussion and starting giving us tips, I thought he was joking and asked him 'what did he know'. Turns out the bar man was a bar man by night and a make up artist by day...
Bearing in mind this was a good 2 years ago when i was only 14, i always remember him telling my mam and I "If you can take anything away with you today, remember to always wear a primer under your makeup." As I was only in the prime of my adolescent years, I didn't care what he said, but now it really stands to me.
My mam got given a Smashbox primer gift set for Christmas and since then I had been using one of those the odd time that I wore make up, then they ran out.
Don't get me wrong, the Smashbox primers are extremely good but I couldn't justify paying 30 euros for a product that I'd only use an odd time, so I was on the hunt for something cheaper and just as good.
I picked up a primer by Seventeen Make Up- I really didn't like it at all, the liquid was really dark, darker than my actual foundation and it was extremely thick and dried really quickly making it hard to work with.
I then saw that Nivea were doing their own primers. I read some reviews and the majority of people were saying it was a great product. I went down to my local chemist and saw that it was only €4 (In Boots it was roughly €7) and I thought "Ah if its a miss, I'm hardly breaking the bank"
Nivea do two versions, one for dry and sensitive skin (pink lid) and another for normal skin (blue lid). I bought the sensitive kind but from reading reviews, a lot of people were saying there is hardly any difference between them.
When i opened the product, I was a bit confused to see that it looked like a moisturiser than was partially diluted by water. I then realised that its a mixture between moisturiser and primer, so you're skipping a whole step of moisturising!
I love this product, it smells fresh, you're skipping moisturising but your skin is still being moisturised, your make up goes on so smoothly and doesn't have a cakey appearance even after a dew hours of wearing and best of all its cheap!
The only negative thing that I'd have to say is that the container is glass like most Nivea face moisturisers so doesn't have a 'travel friendly' feel to it. Also the box that the container comes in is pretty big compared to the actual container so don't be disappointed once you see the physical jar, its 50ml pot!
So to finish, I love this and I will repurchase as long as there isn't anything better released! I really would love to give the new L'Oreal primer a try though, hmm....
Until next time,

Becca x
(This has not been sponsored and all products mentioned were bought by me)

No comments:

Post a Comment